*Please note: While Barry is on vacation, the views below do not reflect those of Barry or the Allen Americans Organization.
Tonight is the 7th Annual Military Appreciation Night which entitles anyone with a military ID to a special military discount. After the game there will be a post game skate and specialty jersey auction.
Tomorrow's blog will feature a surprise interview. We will cover Saturday and Sunday's game reviews on Monday. Have a Happy Easter.
What is left to be said about the importance of gaining points against Missouri? As witnessed at the game on March 9th, when Allen plays a solid game they can certainly beat the Mavericks. The key will be to score early and often and NOT take their feet off the gas as Missouri has proven they will take advantage of every mistake made by opposing teams.
We all know that scoring first gives Allen an advantage, however, score after the first period is also significant. Allen has a 82.6 win percentage when leading after 1, the percentage drops to 48.0% when tied after 1, and 27.7% when trailing after 1. MO. has a winning percentage in all three categories (86.0, 86.9 53.3 respectively).
Noteworthy personnel changes and other info since our last match-up.
- Former American favorite Scott Howes will be returning to the AEC but in a Maverick's #9 jersey. In two games with MO. he has 0 points and is a -2
- The notorious Mav defenseman C. J. Ludwig received a 6 game suspension for an elbowing incident against Evansville on 3/25.
- According to social media, Trevor Ludwig was not on the bus to Allen, so if rumor is true, there will be no Ludwigs on the ice tonight
- The Mavs clinched the Brabham cup with a 2-1 OT victory over Evansville last Wednesday night. This gives them home ice advantage throughout the playoffs.
- Goalie Josh Robinson had his consecutive win streak snapped at 21 with a 4-2 loss to Quad City on 3/19
- Players to watch: Tyler Barnes #7 (22 goals, 58 pts.), Andrew Courtney #27 (20 goals), Rocco Carzo #12 (51 pts). Their active leader for penalty minutes is Darian Dzburzynski #47 (66 PIM)
- Defenseman Jacob Poe was released on 3/25. He remains eligible for waivers and we wish him the best of luck
- Goalie Jake Hildebrand was signed to a Standard Player Contract on 3/24 and is scheduled to make his first start tonight. Jake recently completed his collegiate career at Michigan State. In 2014-15, Jake was Big 10 player of the year, and Goalie of the year. We will have a full player profile on Jake in one of next weeks posts.
- Fan favorite Spencer Asuchak will be returning from his 6 game suspension resulting from his alleged "slew foot" of MO's Jesse Root during the game on 3/9. We were able to find video of this offense but unfortunately could not download to this blog. If you would to view it, it is on the E(CHL) Fan page, entry by Justin Barnes on 3/15/16 @2:15 pm. This post also includes video of the C.J. Ludwig clip of Aaron Gens.
- Chad Costello continues his league leading 12 game assist streak. Chad leads the league in points, assists, power play points, and power play assists.
- Players to watch: Chad Costello #13 (23 goals, 91 pts.), Gary Steffes #12 (19 goals, 40 pts.), Our player leading in penalty is Reid Halabi #19 (104 PIM).
Did you know: ECHL Goaltenders Manon Rheaume and Erin Whitten became the first 2 women in men's professional hockey in the 1993-94 season. Rheaume played for the Knoxville Cherokees and Whitten played for the Toledo Storm. That same year Whitten played 4 games for the Dallas Freeze of the CHL.