*Please note while Barry's name remains at the bottom of this blog, he is on vacation and the information/views posted in his absence do not reflect Barry's views or the views of the Allen Americans organization.
Is he for real? Guess he just got caught up in the moment. The first thing that came to mind, and Mayor Terrell got it too, 1 pig for 1 cow....We don't think so. It did not take long for the Allen Mayor to set him straight.
We have seen on various forums that several fans from South Carolina will be coming to Allen. Let's all make sure to make them feel welcome to support their team.
Game preview: (all statistics are 2014-2015 playoffs only)
- Referees for game 1 are Pierre Lambert (2nd consecutive Kelly Cup Finals appearance),Steven Reneau (working his first Finals)
- Key players to stop for South Carolina are Wayne Simpson and Andrew Rowe. Rowe leads the playoffs in goals, Simpson leads in assists and they are first and second in points and Pt/G.
- Both teams are tied for playoff wins and points, 12 wins and 24 points. Allen is 8-2-0-0 at home and the Stingrays are 8-1-1-0 on the road having won last 7 on the road
- Each team has scored 67 goals (S.C. playing 2 additional games) however, when looking at the top nine points leaders in each team, Allen leads in Sh% at 14.5 to 12.8
- Both teams are undefeated when leading after 2 periods.
- The worse period in GA for both teams is the second with each giving up 25
- Chad Costello and Greger Hanson are tied for third in Pt/G at 1.28
- In goalie comparison, Riley Gill and Jeff Jakaitis both have playoff SV% of .900. Gill has the edge in GAA 2.43 to 2.77
- One major difference in the playoffs is overtime. Allen only had 1 game go to OT, whereas S.C. played 5 OTs (including 2 double OTs and 1 triple OT).
- One unusual stat is that Allen is undefeated when being outshot.
- For the power play, Allen is 25.5% at home; while S.C. is 24.0% on the road.
- For the penalty kill Allen is 81.8% at home; while S.C. is 80.6% on the road.
- While Allen has a better PP and PK efficiency, Allen averages over 6 mins more in PIM per game which equates to over 3 minor penalties
Did you know: Congratulations are due Allen Captain Jamie Schaafsma for playing in his 7th consecutive championship finals. Jamie has also made playoff appearances in every season of his professional career beginning in 2004-2005 with the Geleen Smoke Eaters.
Please note: With a 4:05 game start, there will be no blog tomorrow. Blog will return on Monday.