Friday, August 8, 2014

30 Questions With Jeremy Beaudry - A Player Introduction


Jeremy Beaudry
With the large turnover of players from last season's championship team it is assured there will be lots of new faces around the Allen Event Center in a couple of months. In an effort to get to know the new players on and off the ice will try and make contact with them to have them answer a few questions. Allen recently signed 20 year old (won't be 21 until December) rookie, offensive defenseman, Jeremy Beaudry who just finished his junior career with the Cape Breton Screaming Eagles of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League (QMJHL). He had 53 points (19 goals, 34 assists) in 60 games. The 19 goals were the most scored by a defenseman in the history of the team. Here is how Jeremy answered the "30 Questions."



- Can you share a little about your family?
My mom, Diane,  is working in a bank and my dad, Mario, is an architect. I have two brothers who play hockey. My older brother, David,  played in the QMHJL a few years ago like me. The youngest one is playing in the Midget AAA and hoping to play in the QMHJL too. I have a girlfriend, Lory, who is at Laval University in Quebec City.

- What is your favorite number, do you know what number you will have with Allen?
I don't know which number I'll get with Allen yet, but I would like to wear the 25. My old brother always wear this number and he is an example for me so I started wearing it too a long time ago. Now, my little brother is wearing this number too.

- What is your nickname?
I don't really have a special nickname, but my friends call me "Beaud's", a diminutive of Beaudry.

- Who is your hockey hero?
My hockey hero is my old brother because he is a real example of determination and perseverance. He showed me to always persevere even during difficult moments. He really helped me to be where I am today.

- Can you share one of your biggest hockey memories?
The day of my QMJHL draft in 2010. This was one of my best days ever because I got drafted by the Victoriaville Tigers.

- At what age did you start skating?
I started skating at the age of 3 years old. I was only one month old and I was going to all of my brothers hockey games. I  have always been at the rink watching hockey so it was obvious that I would like to play hockey. So at the age three I took skating courses for a couple months to learn how to skate first. Then I started to play hockey and I was pretty good at it. They even put me in an older group. My parents were happy for me.
- Who is your favorite actress?
Mila Kunis


-  Who is your favorite actor?
Adam Sandler

- What is your favorite type of music?
I like country music.

- Do you have a current favorite singer or group?
Luke Bryan

- If you could have lunch with anyone living who would you pick?
My grandparents, because they are the best people in the world and I don't have the chance to spend enough time with them.

- What is one thing people would be surprised to learn about you?
I really hate when my room is a mess. My room always needs to be clean all the time.

- What chore do you hate to do?
I hate doing laundry.

- What do you have that is of great value to you but little value to anyone else?
Charity is a very important value for me. I always want to help those in need.

- Who in hockey do you admire as a leader?
Patrick Roy is the biggest leader I've seen. He had so much character when he played. He was able to change a game by himself. That is why he is one of the best goal tenders in the history of hockey.

- Where is the most interesting place you have ever visited?
I went to Cuba last year, and I was surprised to see how much poorer Cubans are. Even though they do not have many things in life, they still find a way to enjoy life and be happy.

-If you could live in another country for two years where would you pick? I would like to live in Russia. I always wanted to go to Russia and learn their language.

- If you could be anything besides a pro hockey player what would it be?
I would like be a coach. When my career as a player is done I will probably coach.

- Do you have any pre-game routines, rituals or superstitions?
I need to take a nap before every game, then eat a can of tuna as my pre-game meal. Moreover, I always tie my right skate before my left, if I do not, I feel weird.

- Who is your number one fan?
I would say my girlfriend. She has supported me the last 5 years anywhere I went to play hockey.

- What do you like to do to kill time on the bus?
I like to watch television shows and sleep.

- What was your favorite childhood toy?
 A mini hockey stick.

- Do you have a favorite motto or saying?
Always believe

- What is your favorite TV show?
Dexter

- If you could choose someone as a mentor who would you choose?
I would say David Desharnais, because of the determination he had during his career to become a NHL player.

- Did you always play defense?
I have always been a defensman, but I always liked to score goals and control the puck. When I was a kid a lot of coaches ask me if I wanted to play forward, because I was going on offense so often. One coach did put me as a forward, but I was always coming back as a defense. In the junior, I played a couple of game as a forward too, but I prefer being a defenseman.


- How would you describe your style of play?
I'm an offensive defenseman who likes to control the puck, shoot the puck, and play on the power play.

- Do you know anyone on the Allen team?
I don't know anybody on the team but I played against Jonathan Lessard in juniors. I'll meet everyone when I arrive in Allen for training camp.

- What do you like to do away from the rink?
I like to play golf and hangout with my friends.


- Have you ever been to Texas?
I never been to Texas. I'm pretty excited to go there.


- Is French your first language?
Yes, French is my first language

- How did you get to Allen?
My agent knows coach Martinson. He spoke with him about me and Martinson was interested.



Here is Beaudry's information from hockeydb:

Jeremy Beaudry

Defense -- shoots R
Born Dec 13 1993 -- Montmagny, PQ
[20 yrs. ago]
Height 5.11 -- Weight 193 

Regular Season Playoffs
Season Team Lge GP G A Pts PIM +/- GP G A Pts PIM
2010-11 Victoriaville Tigres QMJHL 1 0 0 0 0 -2 ----------
2011-12 Victoriaville Tigres QMJHL 35 5 6 11 10 1 1 0 0 0 0
2012-13 Sherbrooke Phoenix QMJHL 25 11 6 17 16 -8 ----------
2012-13 Quebec Remparts QMJHL 31 7 7 14 10 -8 11 2 4 6 8
2013-14 Cape Breton Screaming Eagles QMJHL 60 19 34 53 44 -1 4 0 1 1 4


No comments:

Post a Comment