Thursday, May 15, 2014

Cain Franson Gets Hometown Accolades

Found the article below in Cain Franson's hometown paper (Sicamous Eagle Valley News). In case you didn't see it earlier, here are his summer plans. I will go back home (Sicamous, British Columbia) for a couple of weeks and rest up there and see my family and friends. I will then go to Kelowna to live with my brother and train. It is only a 90 minute drive so I will spend the week in Kelowna and then come home for the weekends. I will not get back on the ice until July. My brother and I will play some golf, softball and baseball with friends and family. I am going to take a vacation to Cancun at the end of June. As for my plans for next year I am undecided if I will play pro hockey or go to college. I will see how things go this summer.

Franson joins CHL champs Allen Americans

The above hockey card is a memento of Cain Franson’s last season with the Vancouver Giants. - Image contributed


Just over a month after saying goodbye to the Vancouver Giants, Cain Franson will be slipping into a championship ring, as will his new teammates on the Allen Americans, the 2014 Central Hockey League President’s Cup champions.
The 2013/14 season was Franson’s last as a junior hockey player with the Giants. He finished the year with 30 goals and 63 points in 245 games. On April 7, the Sicamous product signed a contract with the Americans, (affiliated with the AHL’s Texas Stars and the NHL’s Dallas Stars), and joined the team on the frontline in their successful playoff run.
“Cain performed quite well and it was a very positive experience competing at the minor pro level,” says his father Cal Franson.
On the Allen Americans blog, Cain credits brother Cody, a fellow-Giants alumnus and current Maple Leafs D-man, for helping him train and quell any early self-doubt about his ability to play.
“I wouldn’t be where I am without him,” said Cain.
The 21-year old describes himself as an “offensive threat” with a  defensive game that developed considerably over the past couple of years, making him a complete player.

No comments:

Post a Comment