Monday, December 2, 2013

What Does The Fox Say - Paired Preferences With Phil Fox

I am going to confess right up front to questioning why I made the commitment (self imposed) to write a blog post each and every day this season (except when I am out of the country) when I got up this morning. The first Christmas party of the season was last night and yes it was early in the month but remember it was the neighborhood Christmas party and I live in Heritage Ranch, the active adult resort community or as we call it "wrinkle ranch" or as you would call it "old folks." You know how "old folks" do things early. Anyway, sitting down to write the blog and I have nothing to say. The team is back in Allen, not sure if they are practicing today, no games in the league last night, and I am stumped. It may be the wine talking from last night but I have nothing. After I talked myself out of doing nothing which was difficult in itself, I thought what would the pros do when they have to say something and there is nothing to say. How about taking some information you have acquired in the past and use it today. I remembered when I interviewed Phil Fox during training camp I asked him some paired preferences questions to use at a later date. Well today is the later date and thanks to Phil Fox for saving the day. And how timely as Phil has been scoring goals at a Scott Howes pace with six goals in seven games.
And yes it is an indication of the state of my mind that I use the easy title for paired preferences with Phil Fox, "What Does The Fox Say." Here goes.

Maple Leafs or Canadiens: Maple Leafs

Playstation or Xbox: Playstation

Dog or Cat: Dog (remember he has a dog named Pearl with her own twitter account, @Pearlilicious11. Some refer to Pearl as Phil's wing dog)

Blonde or Brunette: Blonde

Coke or Pepsi: Coke

Lady Gaga or Rihanna: Rihanna

Ford or Chevrolet: Chevrolet

Clean or Messy: Clean

Beef or Chicken: Beef

Taylor Swift or Carrie Underwood: Carrie Underwood

Beer or Wine: Beer

Sushi or Mexican: Sushi

Big Brother or Amazing Race: Amazing Race

Facebook or Twitter: Twitter (@PhilFox7)

PF Chang's or Boston's: PF Chang's

Ocean or Lake: Lake

Fishing or Hunting: Hunting

Kindle or Hardback: Kindle

Reese Witherspoon or Angelina Jolie: Reese Witherspoon

Tiger Woods or Rory McIlroy: Tiger Woods

Boxers or Briefs: Briefs

Titleist or Taylormade: Titleist

Red Wings or Blackhawks: Blackhawks

Jay-Z or Kanye West: Jay-Z

Survivor or The Bachelor: Survivor

Dancing With the Stars or So You Think You Can Dance:  Dancing With the Stars

Texas Stars or Oklahoma City Barons: Oklahoma City Barons

Dr. Oz or Dr. Phil: Dr. Phil


DID YOU KNOW: There have been more NHL players born from Phil Fox's home state of Minnesota than any other state by a wide margin. Here are the top five.
1. Minnesota - 233
2. Massachusetts - 172
3. Michigan - 136
4. New York - 100
5. Illinois - 49





3 comments:

  1. Hey, great comeback! Wanted to let you know that I emailed the CHL about the Clarke incident and the lenient penalty. Will let you know if/when I get a response. See ya Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about some write ups on the Allen Americans defensive players. Everything written revolves around goal scorers and goalie stops. Generally, the only time defense players are written about much is when they score goals. Some defensive players concentrate on their job, to defend our end of the ice. It takes the whole team to win games and championships.

    ReplyDelete
  3. jleolion 2002, Point well taken. I will make a concerted effort to include more write ups on defensive players. I am doing a 20 questions interview with new goalie Mark Guggenberger on Wednesday but will do one with Dallas Ehrhardt after that.

    ReplyDelete