Sunday, April 7, 2013

Pineault Fundraiser Big Success

Adam, Monique & Shadow Pineault When He Was Playing For Pardubice, Czech Republic
Wanted to give everyone an update on the event Adam and Monique had last night at the game to raise funds for Martine Durelle to help her offset some of the costs associated with a bone marrow transplant she is about to undergo. What a great effort led by Adam & Monique but supported by the front office, players, players wives and girlfriends, coaching staff, owners, corporate sponsors, and of course the fans.

Raffle Items, Silent Auction & Live Auctions Items On Display
There were some great items up for grabs including autographed jerseys, stick, pucks, rounds of golf, dinner with players, oil change for a year, lawn service for a year, gift certificates just to name a few.

The live auction immediately after the game was a huge success because of some very generous fans that I won't name here because I didn't get their permission but the amount raised from the live auction of jerseys with Lee Hastings as the auctioneer included:
Jarret Lukin  - $1400
Darryl Bootland - $1300
Aaron Dell - $1200
Adam Pineault - $1200

Adam & Monique had a goal when they started planning this event of raising $10,000 for Martine. I got a text from Adam last night that the total raised was $15,818 which obviously blew away the goal.

Adam wanted to make sure I passed along his and Monique's gratitude to all of the Allen fans for their support of the Allen Americans and their generosity in making the Martine Durelle fund raising event an overwhelming success.

I want to add my personal thanks to Adam & Monique for their efforts not only with this event but their involvement in the community since their arrival in Allen. The player profile I did about them is still the most popular story I have ever written and also the most inspiring. I wrote in that profile the following: I hope I can share with you the passion, devotion, love, dedication, determination and positive attitude Adam brings to his life and hockey as well as his family and particularly to his lovely wife, Monique. Those words were true back in January when I wrote them but the are reinforced today with what Adam & Monique have done to help Martine Durelle.
Martine Durelle Fundraiser nets $15,818


No comments:

Post a Comment