Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Pre Game Skate Notes, Whitley Mask, & Penner Penalty

Had a chance to stop by the pregame skate this morning and here is what I have to report:

- Both Pineault and Bootland took part in the pregame skate but only Bootland stayed after for additional work so I am guessing if all went well we might see Pineault in the line up tonight. I know he wasn't expected to play until the weekend but I wouldn't be surprised to see him tonight.

- Based on what I saw at the pregame skate expect to see Aaron Dell get the start tonight against the Brahmas.

- Word on the length of Penner's suspension should come down this afternoon. With only fourteen games remaining from the date of the infraction to the end of the season he is essentially gone for the the season. I know the CBA calls for a hearing prior to a final decision which I assume will take place over the telephone with the officials in Arizona. I think this will be a biggy!! And if he isn't playing the rest of the year it is hard to see him on the playoff roster.

- Interesting how we have gone from three enforcers (Grantham, Brennan, & Penner) to none. I bet Rapid City (Sawyer), Wichita (Boogaard) and Arizona (Brennan) are licking their chops.

- Heard third hand (definitely rumor territory) that the Brahma's are going to file a lawsuit related to the Penner incident. Maybe @rowdybellringer can bring us up to date on any actions taking place.

- I'm sure everyone remembers the mask Chris Whitley had when he showed up in Allen this year with pictures of himself, Musitelli, Lukin, & Bootland as A-Team characters. You can see my original post if you check the archive for "Interesting Article by Kevin Woodley" which was posted October 11, 2012. The mask and Whitley are long gone as Chris gave the mask to a friend/team sponsor and Chris is playing for the Cardiff Devils in Wales. Well, there have been some rather unflattering posts about the Americans front office all over social media recently which was started by a Facebook post by the company that did the mask. It is important to know it is the responsibility of the team to provide a mask for the goalie and they also will pay to have it painted. I have it from reliable sources that the Americans will pay this invoice and acknowledge that it is their responsibility. However, I question the professionalism of a company that takes this type of issue to social media. Seems like a telephone call to Matt Canavan, Team President, could have gotten this resolved in short order rather than sending a bunch of emails and then resorting to social media. I know from personal experience Matt is very accessible. I don't pretend to know the facts of this case but was asked to see what I could find out by several of our readers who were concerned about what was being said. I will just say there are two sides to every story and the company will get paid.

- Fox 4 Television will be broadcasting live from the AEC tonight as soon as the doors open (6:05). Plan on getting to the game early and check them out.

- Happy birthday to Brian McMillin. Since Maiani got a goal on his birthday on Sunday I'm predicting a repeat and Brian will get a goal tonight (Tuesday).

- Ran into Bill McDonald and asked him how he enjoyed being behind the bench on Sunday. He told me it is "like riding a bike" and he felt very comfortable handling the defensive changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment